Instructor Internship Program
November 2, 2017 – May 7, 2018
Overview - Your Ski Instructor Internship or Snowboard Instructor Internship
The Instructor Internship Program is designed for someone looking to have a fun, team-based experience during their first ski season in Banff.
This program incorporates a wide range of ski/snowboard training, certifications and expeditions over an entire winter season in the Canadian Rockies. Students are also able to put their training to use while working as paid interns at ski schools in Banff throughout the winter season with colleagues from all over the world. Students will have the opportunity to leverage their training and experience with Timberline into instructing positions across the globe for future seasons.
Timberline Academy is locally owned and operated so our students can expect a positive, team-based atmosphere with a high level of on the ground support from the ownership team. We make the extra effort to engage our students in the community through weekly group activities, like Hockey, family dinners and by participating in local volunteering initiatives.
Additionally, we put a strong emphasis on independent and healthy living. As a result, our students are housed in fully furnished apartments and houses in the Banff town centre. We believe that our students should be able to cook, enjoy privacy and have a home while they’re with us here in Banff. No hostels and no hotels.
- Work Visa consultation
- Pre-arranged employment as ski/snowboard instructor*
- Airport pick-up
- One night’s stay at luxury hotel in Calgary
- Transfer to Banff
- Welcome dinner/social event
- One month’s accommodation**
- Helicopter tour of Banff
- Gear orientation/maintenance clinic
- 15% gear discount at select shops in Banff
- CSIA/CASI Level 1 Training
- CSIA Level 1 Exam
- CSIA/CASI Level 2 Training
- Ski pass***
- Transportation to and from resort
- Wilderness Rescue First Aid certification
- Avalanche Safety Training 1 certification
- Group trips to Kickinghorse Ski Resort
- Group trips to Panorama Ski Resort
- End of season Cat Skiing expedition****
- Weekly social events
- 24/7 support and guidance from local owners
- Hockey games
- Ice climbing
- Family Christmas Dinner
*Employment in conditional upon CSIA/CASI Level 1 training attendance and successful Level 1 Exam.
**The first month of accommodation is included. Students pay a subsidized rent on a month-by-month basis. This allows students the flexibility to stay in our accommodation throughout the summer. Banff has a 0% vacancy rate year-round making it extremely difficult to secure summer housing.
***A season’s ski pass to your home resort is included. An upgrade to include all three resorts can be made for a deeply discounted rate.
****Students can upgrade to a Heli-Skiing expedition for a reduced rate.
Available certification add-ons:
- CSIA/CASI Level 2 Exam
- Avalanche Safety Training 2
- CSCF Entry Level
- CSCF Level 2
- Wilderness First Responder
- Discounted Heli-skiing
- Whitewater raft/canoe guide training